I heard it through the grapevine
They say you're happily married
You used to be mine, all mine, and I
just wonder, do you remember me?
Do you remember our Saturday night games of freaky scrabble
Conversations that seem to go from dusk to dawn, even our senseless babble
How we often paint pictures of a future together
Do you remember me? Sometimes I wonder.
Remember how people would stop and stare at us?
'you guys glow like the sun', they'd tell us
How the world seemed to fade away when it was just you and me
Do you remember me?
Do you remember that trip to Cancun in '96?
us learning to say 'I love you' in Spanish,
You sucked so bad at it. Do you remember that?
Do you remember us?
Remember valentine of '99?
My pendant with the heart, and yours with the key,
I still have mine. Do you have yours?
Every now and then, I wonder do you remember us?
I'm sure you're wondering what's up with me. Well it's not just work. I just haven't felt like publishing any posts. I read your blogs, but I just can't find the strength to sign into blogger and click publish post. Does anyone else feel like that sometimes? I wonder what temporarily paralysed my love for reading and writing. In recent times, I've been feeling like blogging is a chore. Do you sometimes feel compelled to comment on a post just because you like the poster? You don't necessarily 'feel' their post, but all the same, you put 'Great post, babes' just so they know you click on their blog link? Am I by myself in feeling this way? I remember when I first started blogging (Which hasn't been too long anyways) I would read posts by some of the 'blog-celebrities', and feel inclined to leave a comment. I'm still doing some soul searching on why I did that. I left one or two dumb comments here and there, and wish I could go back and remove those comments. If I left any such comments on your blog, I sincerely apologize. I think it's very irritating when someone drops by and says something generic like 'great post' and you know darn well they read the topic, and went straight to the comments link. If you ever feel like you don't have anything to say, don't be afraid of the red X to the top right corner of your monitor. It doesn't give you STDs, I promise. I know one or two people might say 'Well, what if I think it IS "great post"?' Well, say it and mean it.
That said, I hope I didn't just make myself enemies, but this is just how I feel, and I should be entitled to my own opinions, right? Feel free to disagree. I love a challenge whenever, BRING IT. All I'm saying is, don't type just to type, mean what you type.
Thanks for your comments, guys. Sorry I haven't been back to respond. Kooks, thanks for your comments which always crack me up. Temite, thanks for the love, Darling. tres j'adore... yeah wareveva 'I love you too' means in French ;-) Sirius, thanks for checking, behbe. I'm good. How are you? All my other blog friends, readers, I appreciate the concern. I'm good.
Oh I would love to gist you about my valentine's day weekend, but YOU discovered my blog, and so I'm not at liberty to yarn opaks anymore.
6 Ways to Keep Your Relationship Alive
6 years ago

28 comments:
i think everyone must have felt like that at some point, except they're lying (feeling inclined to leave a comment cos u like the poster).
sometimes, i just feel like i really dont have anything to say. as in, great post, but i cant say anything else. those times, i just walk away.
I see someone has been busted! pele, so does that mean the rest of us get to suffer lack-of-gist-itis cos of this?
hmmm u cant be completely anonymous again, no more very hot gist for me....lol
i so feel u on this post, im guilty sometimes but lately ive been walking away which i realise has done me so much good.....
sorry about the married ex.... hope ur fine tho....
i am not lying bumight. see? nefertiti just made an enemy off me. lol. it happens alot, espcially when the internat connections keeps helping you by not finding explorer.
Me, I have always walked away. I dont care. Those I love know I love them, so I just keep it moving, if I dont have anything to say. Oh boo discovered you, damn, no more HOT gists. I dey vex o.
@Mr. Nefie - please, we really like our Nefilicious gists, so please if you can that is, please do let her keep giving us gists. I know you are thinking who is this person so Imma introduce myself. I am Temite, and I am Nefie's blog little sister. yes that is right. It is my pleasure to meet you as well, since as we are family and all. Talk to you laters.
And Nefie, that is one of your poems that isnt actually about you ehn? am I right. and I WUV you too, SIS.
Bumight- Glad I'm not the only one. We'll see about the lack of gist. u know sey gist boku for dis side. We'll see.
Funms- We'll see about the hot gist o. I have some tricks up my garter. That was a random post, inspired by listening to Neyo, mixed with real life sturves from my life, and other peoples'. I don't feel this way about any of my exes. We r cool and all, but I don't miss them.
Zayzee- My name sake, werrin I do u na? I no wan be ur 'henemy' o.
Temite- You are 'craisy' o. You want to put me further in yawa abi? lol. No it's not about him, or anything I'm feeling at the moment. See my response to Funms' . Since you are our family and all, how 'bout u throw some free lace our way? lol. How did you come up with this Mr. Nefie sef? u don kolo o!
Nefie do you see the joblessness of some of these fools?? I thought you had told them that first place was reserved...I go to sleep and look what happens!
Bloody oath mate! By the way I do sincerely think this is a great post because damn you just put it out there and I LOVE IT!!
Tell it like it is my friend. Yeah of course I have felt there are some posts where I'm glad the blogger shared but don't have the connection. There are people who I leave comments on their page and never comment on mine...I don't take it personally...I never started my blog to receive comments so am not phased when people don't I prefer interactive feedback than the generic in any case.
As for YOU finding your blog..dang there is gist there waiting to come out (see how cleverly I try to bring you out to blog)? lol
Blogger fatigue is not uncommon...look at all the people who have left or simply no longer update as regular...
Anyway my point is FCUK IT! Do you babe...doesn't mean I won't come here and bug you with my comments...lol xxx
Awwww you think it is togeda? Thanks boo!!!! That is such a high praise coming from you. Awwww.
Ok so it is not about Jesus per se but about Ken Saro Wiwa and his struggles and execution and being a matyr and all that. You know, and the state that PH is in now. Does it make more sense now?
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO by the way. Ok your name is Nefie (or rather, the name wey I gave you), and he is your person, n'est ce pas, donc, he is Mr. Nefie. Tu comprennes? oui. je sait que tu peux!
Do you remember...the poem hit a chord...but i think its time to throw away the pendant :-)
It is not a must to leave comment on a blog post...sometimes you have nothing to say...(maybe because the post leaves you thinking :-))
hope you're doing good. Take care
Busted!.....LOL,
That is just sad!..........now I'll never know all the juicy happenings....Tsk!
Anyways.......everything happens for a reason right?
As for leaving comments.......If I have nothing to say I actually click on "X"........they'll definitely be other posts that I can comment on.
PS: That ranting a couple off posts before was NB?!
Take things easy ok.....you'll be fine.
Sweetie, i feel you!
You should feel free to say what you want jare...i sometimes take a step back from blogville when it starts feeling like a chore
I blog because i love to not because i'm compelled to...period!
So your blog was discovered! My own YOU has always known about mine, once i put up something, he read it and i so had to delete it cos he considered it private!
Maybe i should start another blog anonymously..hehehehe
The poem is a deep one and I’m wondering if it spontaneous or borne out of a true experience? As regards to your thoughts on being bored to drop posts or dropping comments that are not necessarily from one’s heart, you spoke not just your mind but the minds of so many people. I feel that way sometimes too but then let’s call it ‘filling the gap.’ D’you realize when you do such things sometimes, you might have made someone’s day unknowingly. So you see there are actually two sides to this coin. Great post! lol.
I get that way sometimes but its something i consciously try to avoid. And sometimes even with great posts, i'm all out of words cause someone's said it already so i leave. It's somewhat like blogging starting to imitate real life a bit too much. But hey! i sincerely love this post! Truth. Seriously? you never miss your exes, not even an itty bitty pang. Hmmmmmmm.
Reminiscing......it hurts.
Comments, comments.....they flow straight from the heart.
I'm with you on this:All I'm saying is, don't type just to type, mean what you type...
"Great Post"...lol just because I can!!!
Glad u r back n u r ok....i guess we all feel that way sometimes..
Hi YOU!
Great Post
LOL. Just had to do that.
Uhmmmm. Every now and then, I don't feel like blogging. It happens to everyone. Sometimes, you're all blogged out and you need to take a break and then come back. When you come back, you'll feel refreshed. There's a reason why people take vacations from work.
As for leaving comments, hmmmm. Sometimes, I read a post and I really, really don't know what to say. I just stare @ the comment page, but then I want the writer to know that I was there, so what do I say? Well, 4 me sha, I usually just say the truth, "I don't know what 2 say."
....But if all else fails, GREAT POST works too! LOL
Abeg, gist us about Valentine jooo!
"YOU" found out? Well, its all good I bet "YOU" loves all your write-ups so far and will encourage you to keep them coming so people like us can view and enjoy.
Its always good to be open-minded so I bet you feel relieved after saying what's been on your mind. Good for you!!!
Good to know you ok. Don't make blogging a chore, its suppose to be an hobby...remember that's why you joined in, otherwise you get tired of it and blog out. Make sense?
Anyways, cant wait to hear all about your Valentine, now that will be a HOT gist to look forward to...U better make it HOT too, LOL!
I sometimes feel like that more so lately. I hate packing and I am in the middle of it. I just broke the cycle tonight becuase I have missed a lot of the people here.
Hope you won't stop blogging because of 'discovery'.
Hussy puhleeze, remember when you first started blogging you were only to happy to see any comments, even random crap like "great blog"
But now I guess levels ti yato
I think we've all done that mess tho, leaving yeye comments just so the people can view our own blogs too
This one that 'YOU" has discovered the blog, does that mean we dont get any juicy gist again?!
wot does ur name mean ..? i kinda like it..
Hmmm na wa for this kain grapevine o. Hope ur gud?
lol...we all feel that way at some point...
I sometimes get comments that make u know the person didnt even read the post, especially when their comment is about the first paragraph and their question was asked in the second!!!
K, what were they thinking ehn? I have told them over and over again o, dem no gree. Trying to find gist huh? ole girl. We'll see. I might change my URL on something.lol ;-)
Temite, u craizie gyal! Of course I think u have a brilliant mind. Thanks for the enlightenment on your write up. I thot that cos there was a line wherre u wrote somn like 'he died for your sins' (paraphrased) When are you gonna get it? I only understand Yoruba and English. The only French word I know is bom bom, and I don't even know what that stands for...lol
Rita, Yep! Pendant is at the bottom of the potomac ;) True talk. I'm good, love. u nko?
Sirius, Yelz o! Urs truly has been busted. Don't worry, there'll stilll be gist. And yes, it WAS NB
WF, Ore mi atata. Thanks jare. He's not really into reading, so he prolly read one post. Not sure which one. But now, I constantly hav e to watch my back.
Geebee, True, true. That's another way to look at it. The poem is a mixture of both.
Sola, Nope! Not even a little bit. I got everything I needed. Thank God for that. Th
Rethots, Are u male or female? I've always wondered. Thanks for that.
Burracup, I'm good o! Still starry eyed? lol Hello - YOU
Vera, ehn ehn, an eye for an eye. See u on ur blog. Oya, I will gist you only f u tell me who walked into ur life on V day. u can holla in private. I proise I won't tell.
Anon, Thanks Jare! Ole like u. u want to hear gist abi? lol amebo.
MissRon, Oh no, I won't. We miss u too!
NBee, ori e o pe o! bungalow like u. I wonder if that's ALL of my reasons for leaving comments tho. Somtimes, I just happen to stumble on a blog, and read that one post. But if I read te post, and I got nothing to say. I ain't never scared of the X. Juisy gist for u behbe, always ;-)
Naijalines, I'm gud o, my sista. How u dey? U know about the Grapevine too? What u heard lately? lol
Afrobabe, Lol. Comments like that just make me weak, man.
Hey Simeone, I didn't forget u o...
Nefertiti was an Egyptian queen and wife of King Akhenaten who remains a mystery to scholars today. Her name, means "the beautiful one is come." Some believe she was the power behind the throne and thus responsible for the changes during the rule of Akhenaten.....
Stolen from http://www.notablebiographies.com/Mo-Ni/Nefertiti.html
I like her because she wasn't just another pretty face. She was beautiful, and powerful, yet she ruled right by her husband.
alrite then ..thanks alot for the education....i was wondering where the response meant for me was..not knowin i had a special place...:-).
Omo Oba, ki lo de? Na waaaaa ohhh.
* * *
Mii komment has bin safed, hand will be fiisible after di owner appruvaal.
I always read the whole post
but i sometimes(especially when at work) I dont read all the comments coz of time so sometimes I end up asking something that another commentor (sp) already asked.
Comments need to be genuine so if you cant relate to the post just say 'you dont relate to the post coz of ABC'
but most people seem not to take 'contrasting views' to thier own very well
I have expierenced some people's wrath coz i didnt agree with thier posts so I have just learnt to stay away from their blogs coz i dont blog to make enemies
Post a Comment