Don't you know...
That if I could be the weather man for just one day, I would make the sun shine bright for you, complete with the full spectrum of the rainbow?
That if I were an optician, I'd take the scale out of your eyes so you could see the beauty around you?
That if I were I a musician, I'd write you the most beautiful song and add the melody to take your pain away?
That if I were a surgeon, I'd give you a child's heart so you could learn to trust again?
That if I were a military sergeant, I would make you put down this shield that you hang on to so tight, so everyone could see your own beauty?
That if I were a time traveler, I'd take back those 72 steps that led me to the airport terminal on that January evening, 8yrs ago?
That if I were a herbalist, I'd conjure up some complicated concoction to purge you of this pain?
That if I were a gifted writer, I'd write you the most beautiful words to make you understand? I have to make you understand somehow..
For now, all I am is the woman who has caused you pain beyond measure. The one who painted your world beautiful like a cool spring day complete with butterflies, resting calmly on rare flowers, like the most genuine smile from someone who loves you, like a thousand butterflies erupted in your belly with a first kiss, like seeing the face of your first child, like winning the lottery after being broke for so long...Then I ripped your heart out, and left you hollow. Wreaking havoc on your beautiful canvas.
I hope that someway, I can make you understand that I never meant to cause you any pain. Life however had other plans.
I hope someday, you find that peace and someone puts the color back in your life. That she mends the many beautiful pieces of you, my beautiful broken man.
The End.
6 Ways to Keep Your Relationship Alive
6 years ago

9 comments:
you are so talented
i daresay you should be shot for not writing so often
your writing is poignant!
Sister Neffs.... No comment...
I don't understand
But you posted so YAY!!!
Hope you and the family are good.
For some reason, this reminded me of India Arie's "Complicated Melody." I don't know if you are the one who did the breaking of this beautiful man. I do know that this was beautiful.
Beautifully sad.......Sadly beautiful
*you posted* yaaaay!
You are (graciously) forgiven and am 'comforted'.
Wistful, beautiful and sad.
Oh wow, people still read this page... Thanks people. :)
who did the breaking babe, you?
merry xmas in ad
Post a Comment