Monday, June 13, 2011

Fat Chic Chronicles

A few weeks ago, I stepped on the scale and I must say, my jaw dropped. Is my mirror faulty? Was I just bloated? It sure felt like it. The thought that immediately followed was why the hell did I do this to myself today of all days? I need to psyche myself up to go out these days and this damned scale isn't helping matters! Boy was I pissed?! Then the mind fuckery began in earnest. mmhm, you know your fat behind can't fit into that dress you want to wear... says who? That's why someone invented spanx... yeah, but you know you will look like a stuffed burrito in that spanx, girl who are you kidding...Nope, I'll drink some laxative tea and I'll be good... hahhahhahaha! God help you, soil yourself.You will be on your own... Devil you are a liar! I rebuke you!... Rebuke me? You know I'm just looking out for you, but hey, do you! On and On it went.

Hubby: Are we still going? What are you doing in there?
Me: Uhmmm can you please hand me my dress?
Hubby: Here. And please hurry up or you'll have to join us there.
Me: You know I will kill yo azz if you try that.
Hubby: Whatever. Sha hurry up!

I try the dress on and surely I knew that it was a little too snug. I almost cried. I had purchased this stoopid Dereon dress specifically for this cruise party and I'd be damned if some bloating would deprive me of strutting onto that boat in it. What to do? Switch outfits? Nah gurl, you will look like a mommy that's trying too hard... No, I look like I'm trying too hard now! You know the type, they shop in Juniors even though they are almost forty. They show up in F* me pumps and you can see the spider veins and Chit popping off their feet, cos the hand and feet don't lie...*sigh* At this point I do feel the tears coming.

Me: Please hand me my spanx.
Hubby: What's that?
Me: The thing on the bed.
Hubby: There are too many things here. What does it look like?
Me: *How do you explain this to a man*? A contraption pantyhose? Torture chamber? How?. That thing that looks like a pantyhose.
Hubby: I don't see anything that looks like a pantyhose!
Me: *I want to smack this dude upside the head*

So I step out the bathroom to yank my spanx off the bed, of course the waterworks are in full effect and view.

Hubby: What is it again? Why are you crying now? (I'd had an episode earlier in the day. Don't ask.)
Me: 'This stupid dress', was all I could mutter.
Hubby: Looks very confused, then throws up his hands in defeat. We are going to miss this boat.
Me: No response. Struggling into my contraption chamber.

Long story short sha, by the time I finished dolling up, I had lost a few inches off my waist, and I was able to look splendid in my dress *A silent prayer of thanks for the Spanx inventors*.

So my people, I have ceased to fool myself into thinking I look voluptuous o! Raven Simone, Jill Scott, Jennifer Hudson, Marsha Ambrosius, Jordin Sparks have all lost the weight! It ain't cool to be a fatso no more and I need to cease and desist from fooling myself. I have begun a serious journey to shed some pounds and so far, I'm on track.

In other news, I also joined twirra (Yes, Yes. I can hear some people going. Oh really, the uppity *insert whatever comes to mind* joined the band wagon? Yes, I did). I miss the bloggers and their opinions and thoughts. I think twitter is a good and concise way to get their thoughts on matters in 140 characters or less. The epistles be wearing a girl's eyes out. You don't need to follow me, I will find you. When I do, you'll know.

Peace, love and Milk Chocolate (No, Salad!)
Nefertiti.

10 comments:

doll (retired blogger) said...

Neferiti. Its been ages you blogged!

Glad you could still go to the boat cruise with the outfit you had planned


I am on twitter but never got sucked up into the craze, to me it is joblessness of the highest order but knock yourself out

BSNC said...

hahah God Bless spanx. Yea most of the bloggers are on twitter now. You may like it there.

~Sirius~ said...

hey!!!

loving the way you put up this post, like you never left....lol

Weight gain/weight loss battle.
Lets not even go there! I have a love hate relationship with losing weight.

Thank God for Spanx!

Keep us posted. nice to read from you

mizchif said...

Yay!!! She's alive!!!

How's the family?

I'm one of those "don't look for me, i'll find you" bloggers on the twitterwebs so it might be hard for you to find me, but i'll definitely look out for you.
I'm a certified twitter addict.

Nefertiti said...

Doll: I know right. I hang my head in pure shame. I agree with you that Twitter is for jobless people. I like being jobless sometime. ;) How u dey, Chica?

BSNC: Yes o!. Amen. I see dat. Interesting stuff.

Sirius: Loving the way you slyly called me out *Covers face in shame* I know. I know I don't even deserve any comment at this point :D. Hope you are feeling berra lav? That your last post consain me.

Mizchif: We are all doing great o! Tenz for asking:). Is that for real? I will haunt you down o. I love you tew mush *nkemji face*

LusciousRon said...

My 'egbon' toh bed! Just when I decided to come out of the woods, I discover you are back! Yay. Good to know you are on track with the weight loss. It is so depressing.

Nice Anon said...

Odikwa somehow that you blogged and I had no clue? Yeah twitter is there to open our ynash. Probably you'll end up liking some bloggers more or in what seems to be a very rampant occurrence think to yasef " Chai! This persin no get sense at all"

Nefertiti said...

Luscious: Long time, babes. I don't see your brake light on IM anymore. I guess work is kicking your butt... For this, we are grateful. Yes oh. 5lb and counting.

Nicey: Infact, my e-yansh don open already. But I am finding out what you said is the gospel truth.

Olufunke said...

So funny, I enjoyed reading this.
Thank God una no miss the boat.

I can so relate to this bloated feeling. Thank God for spanx!

How have you been?

Utah search engine optimization said...

The last part made me laugh. What do you mean by "No Salad"? LOL.