Friday, November 7, 2008

You can't hussle a hussler

So, lately I've been getting a lot of these emails informing me that I am about to receive some amount of money, and asking for my information. Take for instance the e-mail below:

(This email was titled 'Immediate response', just so you know)

Hello friend,

I hope my email meets you well. I am in need of your assistance. My name is Sgt Brandon Gary. I am in the Engineering military unit here in Ba'qubah in Iraq,we have some amount of funds that we want to move out of the country. My partners and I need a good partner someone we can trust.It is oil money and legal.Basically since we are working for the government we cannot keep these funds, but we want to transfer and move the funds to you, so that you can keep it for us in your safe account or an offshore account But we are moving it through Diplomatic means, to send it to your house directly or a bank of your choice using Diplomatic Courier Service.The most important thing is that can we trust you? Once the funds get to you, you take your 30% out and keep our own 70%.Your own part of this deal is to find a safe place where the funds can be sent to. Our own part is sending it to you.If you are interested I will furnish you with more details.But the whole process is simple and we must keep a low profile at all times.

Waiting for your urgent response via my private email: sgtbgary4@yahoo.com.hk This business is risk free. Regards,Sgt Brandon Gary.

For the heck of it, I decided to respond to him. Here was my response to Sgt Gary:

Hi Sgt Gary,
Thank you for your offer. Of course I can be trusted. I wouldn't want to loose your trust in this new business relationship. I would definitely be interested in helping you secure the funds. I particularly look forward to receiving my 30% as the economy is currently in the tank. Here is my account number at the Susquehanna bank(This bank exists). My account number is 10101373746(non existent). My bank would however like to know the following information:

1. Your full legal name
2. Your date of Birth
3. Social Security Number
4. Bank routing number
5. Account number
6. A US address.

Thank you so much. I eagerly await your response. I am in dire need of these funds as we are in a recession.

Yours Sincerely,
Ojuolape Ajayi


Oloshi, You don see maga abi? If e don hammer, make e give im fomilik fest nau, how come you just pick random people to dash money like that. I'm sure fear will catch him small once he sees I'm Nigerian. We will see if the idiot responds. I will keep you guys updated ;-)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM FURST!!! I AM ON FIREEEEE!!!!
Now what Bumight!!
Madam Titi - I love this new look. It is vewwwy pwetty.
Errr off to read now.

Anonymous said...

HEHEHEH. Oloshi upon oloshhi. God go punish these idiots. You know he wont reply you sha... But then on the other hand - this peeps are probably in dire needs of funds as well. Na God go save us all o! Funny though.

LovePaprika said...

lol...told u i liked ur blog's make over already i think

I cannot! believe you sent a response!!! no way lol thats bam! I wish they send something stupid that would just be classic

Anonymous said...

lol ... I guess they wont be replying...

but Ms Nefi am not really feeling the new wall paper

Rebirth said...

lol......... i have received alot of those mails but never replied, maybe ill try ur technique........lol

Kookie said...

I....AM...SO...TRYING..YOUR...TECHNIQUE
LOL X 100000

Love your updated blog look...looking tres chic and sexy babe.

Anonymous said...

love the new blog look... this guy think say he don find mugu!poor him, u even had time to reply him... u would av just spammed the rascal.lol

Buttercup said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! U r such a bad ass!

Its so mind-boggling to think that people still ACTUALLY fall for such!

~Sirius~ said...

Te hE, Is this still a viable money making venture? Haven't they conned eveybody they possibly can by now.....Tsk!

~Sirius~ said...

by the way, loving the new look too.

Geebee said...

Can u beat that? person wey dey find maga wan turn maga so o. Truly, an hustler can't be hustled. I admire ur courage. Most pple won't bother responding but then i guess all for the fun of it, it's ok to pull legs. Be easy though.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, some people will commit themselves to providing "...the following information:"
Hmmm, *whispers* only a crook can fall victim of a scammer.