Thursday, December 11, 2008

Lady in Red: The Conclusion- Escape!

Eli Ellllliiiiiiii Eli, ahhhhhh, mimo mimo mimo, ah oluwa shaaanu oluwa shaaaaaanu. The ranting continued, and only the white of her eyes were visible. I got terrified as soon as I saw her face. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw the huge doors shut. Damn! There goes my plan to make a dash for the door and flee. I saw, the assistant pastor approach our sitting section. Blue sash around his waist, large bible in hand. Everyone seemed to be looking at me, or maybe it was my hyperactive imagination. It's actually amazing how hyperactive your senses get when adrenaline kicks in. Your eyes manage to capture the scene in detail, you have an acute sense of smell, you even seemingly hear conversations that ordinarily would have escaped you. Anyways, I digress. The assistant pastor seemed to ignore us entirely and walked up to the 'seeing' lady, amidst lots of 'scuse me, scuse mes'. I was almost relieved but then Kike says to me.

Kike: Omo dis tin no funny o. Ki lon se awon pipu yi? (Girl, this thing is not funny. What's the matter with these people)

I remembered then how lilly livered Kike actually was. You know the old adage, empty barrels make the loudest noise? Well, it fit my friend here to a T. I decided then that if anyone was going to put an end to this madness, it would have to be me. Allowing Kike handle the situation would just further degenerate the issue. Just then, some of the ushers, these ones I noted were in a yellow belt. I wondered what that meant in their world. I pressed back into the seat to accommodate them. As soon as the woman got within touching distance of me, she lunged wildly in my direction, breaking into a funny song. In my ears, it sounded Islamic. I wondered what the hell she was saying, but I just dodged her and kept on with my stony demeanor. The moment she lunged, Kike jumped on the chair, taking it two at a time, away from me all the while yelling

'Yeeeee Jesu o! Kini mo wa wa si ibi bayi leni o?' (Oh Jesus, why the hell did I come here today). She was on the other side before she turned back to look at me. She looked crazy screaming
"ah, OJ! Ode! O si n wo cinema? Se won shekpe fun e ni? (ahhh OJ! You fool! Why are you still staring like you are at the movies? Did someone cast a spell on u?)

She seemed to consider coming back for me, but noticing the chaos that was beginning to form around me once more, she hesitated. Now, the attention of the whole congregation was on me. For the first time, I spoke, sounding as menacing as I could, as I caught some more yellow belts approach me. "Wo, nobody should just touch me o, nobody should just touch me" I must admit it felt surreal, like a bad movie, only it was very real. As real as the sound of a frantic Kike

"Ahh... ati daran le ni o" (ahh... we are in trouble today o) I looked at her, asking her to please shut up with my eyes, to which she replied "Kini? Shey u no see say dem don lock door ni"? (What? Can't you see the door's been locked?)

I guess the underlining meaning of her rant was lost on her. I however could read the excitement in the eyes of the other guests. Apparently, it had turned out to be a lively Sunday for them afterall. They were going to be witness to a live exorcism of the lady in red. Well, I was determined to put an end to this madness. I could see Lola amidst the pool of eyes, Her face looked concerned. Almost accusing. WTF?! But I would deal with that later. Right now, I needed to get the hell out. The air was deathly still as I backed away slowly from the huge circle slowly. Everyone seemed to shift from me, like I carried some kind of plague, allowing me passage to the exit. lol. When I reached the door, I heard commotion behind me to find Kike scrambling after me. Apparently she fell from the chair in efforts not to get trapped in the coven lol (Her words, not mine)At the door, the same male usher who had asked us to remove our shoes at first, almost resisted. The overzealous CM that he is, he was unprepared for my violent reaction as I shoved him roughly away from the door, amidst vile curses from Kike who stood behind me, toothless bulldog/agbero that she is. His expression was priceless (He was probably expecting a reaction from my 'mouthy' friend, and not me, the quite, seemingly harmless one). He shot questioning looks between me and the man in the blue sash who raised his hand indicating a 'let them go'. Either way, I was prepared to tear little Mr. Overzealous to shreds if I had to.

The situation was already bad, and I had decided there was only going to be peace at the end of this drama. Anyways, I made it out without beating anyone up, not before I turned around and looked directly at the 'H' factor usher, and shouted "Aje ni momsie e" (Your mother is a witch!). I had overheard her whisper to some other usher that she 'knew' we were witches the moment she saw us, she just thought it was the other one. Really!... somebody shout halleluuuuu meje! (7)lol

Later, analyzing the whole scene with my friends, they mentioned a fact about me which is very true. Ordinarily, I don't go looking for trouble. Infact I almost act like a 'mugu' sometimes to avoid confrontations. I however become very scary, almost someone else, when I make up my mind to fight a situation or person. Basically, I don't start *ish that I can't finish. And if you start *ish with me, then you darn well better be ready to finish it. Ms. Trance got the wrong chic. Maybe it would have been a theatrical Sunday after all if they didn't pick me, the lady in red.


THE END!!!

36 comments:

Buttercup said...

1ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssst!

Buttercup said...

haha in ur face tamite/bumight what what!!!

Buttercup said...

temite*

Nefertiti said...

LMAO @ 'tamite'.

Rebirth said...

lmao............. i hate those churches...... im still reeling in laughter....... im sure they were ready to flog the witchcraft out of u guys......lol

Buttercup said...

oh my word..wow, that really happened to u??? chai!!!

hahahahahaha! kike is quite a character!

OMG, u didnt say that to little Mr. Overzealous!LMAO!!!!!!!! i can just imagine the look on his face!

hmm..note to self: "never start ish with nefertiti."

Buttercup said...

lol...i made the error in my bid to be 2nd too

Kookie said...

Buttercup so eager you are making spelling mistakes...LOL

Sheh you and Kike...LMAO

But those people...closing doors on peeps what did they expect. If my ass was in there and I saw the doors close thats my cue to make some noise and raise some hell... I totally applaud you for taking over ...Kike all noise no action heh!

Anonymous said...

that's funny, but at the same time not so much! i'da been so maddd!!!
made for a good story sha, at the very least!

Laughter said...

Nefertiti, lolllllllllllllllll. Was it Cele you went or C&S. yOU ARE SO LUCKY THEY NEVER FLOGGED U O......

LG said...

lollllll@ 'Yeeeee Jesu o! Kini mo wa wa si ibi bayi leni o?
'chei!! c as kike fall my hand :)
thank God u guys left unscathed sha

aloted said...

hehehehe..this indeed sounds like a nigerian movie...hehehehe

i cant shout o...

Afrobabe said...

wow, that was a danm good read..naija churches and their over zealousness....Cant even imagine what I would have done in the same situation...

~Sirius~ said...

LOL!!! you're definitely dealing with any *ish brought your way....lmao

archiwiz said...

My goodness.... I've been rolling in laughter... OMG!!! You guys have become gist for those people for months.... Chai... I hope your friend didn't take it too badly ohh.. Such things happen when razzness coliides with over-officiousness. LOL....

archiwiz said...

But for real na wa ohh. Make nobody for the church wear red shirt? Hmmm....LOL... And for it to be u, and not Kike.

Oyinkansola said...

Yay i made top 20
You guys really gave the cinema
I fear you this babe
U almost manhandled the usher
lol

Oyinkansola said...

*them*

Rita said...

LOL @ "It's actually amazing how hyperactive your senses get when adrenaline kicks in..."

Live exorcism...you were there? never want to be near there.

Thanks for your very uplifting comment on my blog.

ShonaVixen said...

LOL...this would have been good to watch over the Xmas hols had u taped it all...LOL

ibiluv said...

sweets now u know berra

red in a white garment church is a no no

was once told no more black wearing-i thought of my sexy black dress-shoes-scarfs-lingerie thats i've got in that seductive colour and i was glad the man only came to me in a minute of *vision*

cos i sure as hell would not have abided if i was a church member........

God loves colour-his followers just interprete it as they choose.....

But then again-ever heard of *igbale meje*......seven brooms......them for beat the witch craft comot from your body....*wink*

Nefertiti said...

@ Buttercup, Yelz o! Nefertiti is Bad *Doing some MJ moves* and yeah I said that to the H factor usher, becos in I heard her tell someone else that she knew we were witches, but she thot it was the 'other' one. Kike i.e.

@ Funms-the rebirth, Infact, I'm sure there were some people that were already flexing the braided palm leaves to flog the heck out of us... lol

@ K, LOL @ Burracup. Don't mind the girl, just taking up blogestate. yes o! For one I'm scared of the dark and restrictions, so that was one way to drive me crazy. I just freak out in the dark and all my senses get on high alert. I'd have mauled whoever touched me in there.

@ geisha.song, I WAS mad as hell, but in retrospect, it was funny.

@ Laughter, omo me i don't even know which one it was o. Is there a difference? Maybe I'll ask Lola. Dem for see color red if dem flog me o. Dem never see winsh!

@ LG said: Yeah, she is full of drama. Noborry touch am o! lol

@ aloted, I sure as heck wish it were...

@ Afrobabe, Thank you mama! How I for do?

@ ~Sirius~ : You got that right babes!

@ archiwiz : shoo, u ain't never lie! Interestingly, Lola no longer talks to us after that incident. It still hurts, I've known that chic for over 15 years. It's a shame :-(

@ Oyinkansola, yelz now, when the foolish boy wanted to be doing Rambo at the door nko? If na u, wetin u go do? besides those peepu don vex me. I just no wan show myself, na im make I just waka comot.

@ Rita: NP, sweets. You are an amazing writer. I meant every word of it.

@ ShonaVixen, girl, I wished someone would wake me at that time. I wish it were a movie lol

@ ibiluv, Girl, black is my favorite color, and Jesus is my best friend. ROTFLMAO @ igbale meje!!!!! Which one be igbale meje? Do they tie them together ni or they have seven broom weilders beat the winsh comot. They better hold that broom well o. If I had grabbed that broom ehn, I would have just started whipping everyone else. Na dem mama get winsh.

@ all: Thanks for stopping by y'all!

Vera Ezimora said...

LOL. This is crazy!!!! Babe, you sef you get liver ooo. But those churches scare the crap outta me; I won't even lie. I will not be going to one of them 2 worship any time soon or in the distant future.

lol @ Kike

Anonymous said...

@ Butters - I go beat you o.
Nefie sweery - hehehe! You dis chick ~ you are craziee o. But I like your moves tho. Keep it up sis! Actually I wanna start ish with you Nefie!

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

Wow is this fiction, real-life or a mix of both? Lol@ Kike. Obviously her bark was wayyy louder than her bite!

Tigeress said...

Na wa o! U tell dem say u be 'winsh'? Some Churches atimes- get as e be. Only God knows who is really serving him. I dont get it with the locking of the door. The whole thing seems a tad over the top as well.

Nefertiti- u too dont be wearing red to church. lol!

Geebee said...

Hmmm thank God u escaped. I can imagine what would have happened if the exorcism thing had taken place, U'd probably have been renamed Neffy Rose (from the Exorcism of Emily Rose). lol. These days, so much crazy stuff happen all in the name of 'being church'

Rayo said...

this reads lyk fiction mehn. i kept laffn thruput, dem think say i dey kolo 4 here. lol @ na ur momsie b winch. i bet say u no go try am agaiin and as per seein me @egbe, no b me lai lai, o kan jo mi ni

Bibi said...

I can't shout.. This is so true those people and drama.. they live for that kind of thing. But babes you and that Kike are enough for them... I can just imagine the whole thing in my mind's eye... Funny as hell!

Buttercup said...

hi love! happy holidays!

~Sirius~ said...

knock knock......happy holidays.

Kookie said...

Eh woman where are you huh? Happy new year to you too! Hope you celebrated in style! xxx

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

hahahahaha! Nefertiti, abeg, I can't laugh anymore.

Happy NEw Year my sista!

Anonymous said...

Nefie where are you. I have not been entertained in a while. I AM ORDERING You to come and update your blog right now! No excuses otherwise you know....Happy merry new year dearest. I hope this new year met you blissful and I hope you keep following the source of your bliss. I wish you all you wish for yourself added together shaken together, stirred, multiplied, quadruppled etc etc. Beaucoup d'amour mon amie!

LovePaprika said...

Nefie!!!! u didnt look for me oh..what if i was dead! happy new yr! lol

NaijaScorpio said...

OMG... this is the funniest thing ive read in a long time. I can't imagine.