Two pink lines? Really? Are you serious?
Honey, am I seeing right or is this really what I think it is?
mmhm.
OMG! My life is over! I can't drop it like it's hot anymore, I can't drink baileys till my eyes cross anymore! I can't rock my high heels anymore! Oh God! Dissappearing waistlines, saggy boobs, stretch marks, disfigured butts. somebody hold me, please lawd jeezus! I think I'm going into cardiac arrest!
Babe, chill out. It's not that serious.
WHOT?! WHOT?! That's easy for u to say! All you did was deposit some strong swimmers, u aren't the one who's life is over.
silence
Tears, happiness? Sadness? Bittersweetness? I have no clue.
Sonogram...
It looks like a little button. I don't feel sick. I don't feel different. I am waking up expecting the wretching, sometimes praying for it just so I can share my misery with somebody, anybody.
Month 3...
I'm very self conscious. My clothes fit just the same, but I think I'm developing BDD. Are my boobies bigger? OMG I'm getting fat. I resolve to starve myself because I don't want to get fat. My aunty says my teeth will fall out. Oh well, who cares? As long as I don't get fat!
Month 4...
What do u look like now, let's see. Euuuugh! u look like ET. better start praying! I bind every spirit of ugliness! You must be fine by fiyahhhhhhhh! U have a tail too? OMG! I'm gonna have nightmares.
Month 5...
The doctor doesn't know what ur sex is. You keep crossing ur legs. Well I sure hope u r a girl cos hmmmmm... I dunno if you guys cross ur legs up in heaven, but down here, MEN DO NOT CROSS THEIR LEGS LIKE THAT...
Month 6...
Zoning out at work these days! Babies r us and Baby Depot are my best buddies at work. I'm getting uglier by the day. Aunty says to take consolation in the fact that the uglier I am, the more handsome/prettier you'll be. I got 3 more months. I think I can handle it if you just promise me to come out looking cute. I can't have endured this ugliness for nothing!
Month 7...
I'm still freaking out! I don't even like babies. And I've always felt they don't like me. We don't get along well. What if you don't like me? What if I drop you? What if I make a mistake? What if I hate you? worse still, what if you come out asian? caucasian? White... aww hell nah! the devil is a liar. I ain't been hopping on no other sugar sticks, so that one is a lie of the devil!
Month 8...
If tears could turn into money, I'd be richer than Oprah by now. Little one, I hope you're worth it. I have my doubts! U haven't shown me ur bum, and I haven't seen ur face. Is this a set up? I mean I know u aren't photogenic like ur mommy and all, but pweeety pweeeease can u gimme an idea?
Month 9...
Ok already! Come on out! It is judgement day today! Show urself! wait wait... what if u come out Asian, white? Spanish...lol I ain't even spoken to Jose in years. Hmmm maybe he asked one of his Mexican gods to do me strong somtin... The devil is a liar... What if I'm not a good mom? what if you don't like me? What if I'm not strong enuff? What will sex be like after? What if down there becomes like 'konga' (a well)? If the place slack nko? If e tear nko? Will he be there holding my hands like I see other couples do on discovery channel? Will I look cute? Will he like me afterwards? What if he abandons me in the hospital? What if I become depressed afterwards?
Water breaks... Contractions 6hrs later... somehow, all the above become non-existent. I am having an out of body experience. My man is there! O yes indeedy, he is (U know I'd have castrated him otherwise) Nurse says push... I see red... the gates of hell beckon, I also feel the pull of the pearly gates... Little one, ur ass better be worth it... FOCUS, NEFERTITI! PUSH!!! I can't do this, I'm gonna give in. One line pumps me with some Adrenaline
'We are going to have to cut her' SEE DIS OLOSHI NURSE O! U WAN SPOIL MY LIFE ABI? CUT WETIN? OH NO, HEIFER! U AIN'T CUTTIN NUFFIN. ONE HAND ON THAT SILVER THING, AND IMMA GO POSTAL ON UR ASS!
I tell my physical body to FOCUS! We can do this! We will do this... God will not let you fail now. He will complete it! You can do it! FOCUS! and push...
17 minutes later...no complications, no tears (I mean... scissors and things all down yonder)whatsoever,
PERFECTION in my arms. A bundle of perfection... Gut wrenchingly beautiful!
The tears flow freely. I am humbled by the task of motherhood that I have been chosen perform. Am I worth it?
6 Ways to Keep Your Relationship Alive
6 years ago

44 comments:
I actually started tearing up just reading this.
Are you serious though. I don't think you ever dropped a hint!
CONGRATULATIONS MUMMY!!!!!
YAY!!! Plus i'm first to congratulate you here, so i'd better have first dibs on godmother!
I'm so happy for you tho, no complications, nothing.
And yes you do deserve perfection. I'm sure you'll do just fine. Great even.
Plus you didn't say...boy or girl?
u are the word "funny"
lol...
u r binding the spirit of ugliness abi?
loooooooooooooooool
im happy 4 u...lately all i have been hearing are "babies babies babies"...everywer i go!
WOW.. hillarious.... Congratulations too... Err.. does that mean I get to be an e-uncle then?
LOL!!! I love the progression.
Congratulations!!! You ARE worth it...by God you are!! Enjoy your little one...
lol awww at the end of the day a bundle of joy after all the casting ad binding..
you are worth it jare :)
You are a Mommy?!
NOoooooooooo Waaayy!
Why do you keep jumping suprises on us!
Aww, that's so sweet. congratulations.
I'd castrate my own husband (when I get married) if he's not with me too. (we must share the experience together, after all it took two of us to get there...right?)
I have those exact fears.
I guess if you could go through with them, I can too.
congratulations!!!
i totally love this post cos it sums up all the fears i have.
you are worth it!enjoy motherhood..
Yay!!!
Nefertiti's a mama!!!
You know we are gonna have to have an E-Christening right?
So what's the lil one... A boy or a girl?
Congratulations!!!
If you can carry it to term and love it unconditionally, Of course you are worth it!
Congratulations darling. Is is a boy or a girl? Awww I am so happy for you. Say my congratulatory wishes to hubby too.
Olohun a wo o!
Now,i am goin to cry!!
congrats darling,so did it turn out a boy or girl.yes u will be a good mummy.hugs and cuddles and kisses
wow........ u just summed up the feelings of alot of women. Fear, apprehension and the joy of holding the life that came from inside of u.
Congrats oh.. Olorun a wo
Congrats!!!
Awwwwwwwww congrats.....hw cme u dint drop any hint here that u were havin a baby.
Gosh u jst kinda quelled my fears about havin babies..u make it sound lyk so much drama and fun..lol
Congats once again.
woah!!! there's a baby in the house congratulations. Trust mum and baby is doing fine.
Blogfather claimed! CONGRATULATIONS!
wow...congratulations....
God is always good to us...
cheers..
congrats....you are totally worth it
congrats and you are so worth it.....lol@ binding the spirit of ugliness and men not crossing their legs like that.
If you aren't worth it, you won't be called upon to perform the task! Well done Mumy!
lol...u crack me up..
motherhood- no vacations, no time off, no nothing...God bless mothers!
She was worth it all in the end
:)
Congrats! Happy Mother's Day1
Congrats Nefertiti...I'm so happy for you. Hmm...cant wait to get there myself and now your write-up is making me all excited and eager and I can't wait...my man better propose soon so I can get knocked up kia kia, LOL!
Btw...you are one funny chikita too. Laughed all through, I bet you are even more beautiful after the birth and even more sure your baby is way gorgeous than you, they always turn out that way, prettier than the parents. Happy for you missy,may the Lord guide and protect the child, by the way boy or girl?
Liked reading this..
Congrats Neffie.. :)
Big SISTAAAAAAAAA, u never said anything!!! Congratulations!!!! im an aunty........awwww, im so happy for you......
OMG! Nefieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
CONGRATULATIONS!(if this is real and wasnt just a write up)
awwwwww gosh..I dont even know what to say..happy motherhood and yes, u r worth it!
mwah!
Awwwww! that is so touching and inspiring! BOY or GIRL??? I'm happy for you and you so deserve it!
Congrats o and its even more exciting cos we had no clue!
Blog aunty claimed!
You a mother Nef? if so CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so happy for you. And thanks for sharing. Well done on the write- up!
is dat u? lol. seriously? am still waiting 4 ur contribution to BAMBINA chick. pls, make it as funny as this one. Nice!
I just started a new blog, BAMBINA (http://idreamtofu.blogspot.com) It’s more like a baby/mom blog & I eagerly need contributors. So, if you have any story u want to share or know anyone who does, please send me a mail. Details are at d blog: Thanks a bunch.
lol..dis was a crazy post!!!!
hmmm..congratulobia o!!! happy for u dear titi..ul be a wondaful mum...njoy motherhood!!!
Ohhhh the end is sooo sweet...awwwww
Awwwwwww congratulations sweetness! And you're worth everything that God gives you :)
Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Neffie, congrats!!!! I am so sorry for being late. Oh, boy!! Babe, can I come see you?
aww Congratulations!!!
pls check out my blog http://thecounselorandherthots.blogspot.com/
Wow you've been holding out on us! You never even hinted...I would have never guessed! CONGRATULATIONS!
This post was simply beautiful. I'm sure you will make a great mother. And yes, your worth it!
Congratulations once again!!!
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
congratulations Nefie,May God bless the little tot.She's lucky to have you.
You are more than worth it...Muah!!!
bet u figured...since they now kuku know im married, might as well tell them i am now a mother!congrats....im so happy for u.
I hope my future wife is a lot like you.... congratulations....
Hiya!
missing you....
pls don't let baby take you away from us.......we were here 1st!
*sob sob
NEFIE!! I HAVE BEEN SOOOO BUSY AND THEN THIS!! HOW AWESOME!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
AND OF COURSE WE BIND EVERY DOUBTING SPIRIT, U ARE WORTH IT!
This made me laugh and cry. Congratulations!!!
Post a Comment