I've been down this road before
We put in our best initially, and slowly we take each other for granted.
I've been down this road before
Conversations that seem to go from dusk to dawn, discussions about everything and nothing.
I've been down this road before
Hungering for your kisses, pining for your touch. Feeling like there's no air when we are apart.
I've been down this road before
Passionate kisses, 'agro' filled head and eyes. Hair raising, toe-curling, bed-sheet corner- undoing, wet-sex
I've been down this road before
Our families seem to love each other, and are hoping we tie the knot soon...
Suddenly we begin to take each other for granted,
We have nothing to talk about
Kissing you feels like a distraction
We breath better when we are apart
Sex seems like a chore
Our families can't stand each other...
... all I'm saying is, I've been here before. Same script, different cast.
========================================================
What's been going on my people? Guess what o? Hmmm... All ur blogs are now considered pornography according to my company's internet use policy. Yes o, Aloted, Rita, even y'all people wey be say na soso bible una dey quote... das why I no fit to dey look 'pornography' for work. What's really fucked up about it is, If you google the word 'pornography' from within the company's firewall, the mumu thing brings up orisiri sturvings life and direct... kai, may obatala waiya the head of those ITS people o. May everything that brings them joy be cut off by the mighty obatala firewall.
U know I gats norrin but love for y'all tho, right?
Toodles!
6 Ways to Keep Your Relationship Alive
6 years ago

31 comments:
Nice piece...who are the xters? lol
And as for your ITS peeps, they needs some schooling men!
lol! Na wa for ur IT peeps/company.
Dont stay away for too long.
Your IT people don kolo.
i feel you tho, same script different cast
i love this!!!
Like i absolutely love it!
wow!
xo
Them IT folks, may their sturvs fall off..lol...
Hmmm ths reminded me of that song by Whitney and Deborah
Nice.. me like :)
lol may obatala waiya their head..
have a wonderful week ahead..
Nerfy...even my own? I will tell you offline how to work around this (hopefully it will work)...I did it for Afro's blog. If only she knew the lengths I went for her lol...
That script is so true...
how dare they...dnt they realise u need ur daily feed of blog posts?
gosh!
doesnt going down that road happen to us all...i think we have to make it work.
I knew there was a good reason.I told myself yesterday...I said self may swine flu descend upon me disguised as flu if Nefie is not being stopped by corporate America to do her fav past time on their time....
I feel like that at the moment...same script, different cast
I usually say "Same shit.. different toilet.."
But yours works for me as well..
No worries I dey carry you IT people matter go MFM as we speak..
FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!
Na overskill dey worry those your IT people o. If dem no take time, I go organize hit o!!!! Haba ... LOL
Your post reminds me of an old Larry Norman tape (yes tape) i used to have..
nothing really changes, everything remains the same, we are what we are till the day that we die
Ahn ahn!..easy my sister!, enuff cussing for IT. It is so in my coy too. So so restrictions everywhere.
Nice post
mhen..that ur firewall is gangsta..lol..maybe 30+ can help them..or maybe not..she said she's not IT..lol..
so..this ur script...
Same script... always loved that song by Whitney so is it applying to you here? I do hope not but shit happens.
No mind those IT pips jare,they cannot separate us,na lie!
lovey poem
lol @your IT guys...serious matter..i bind and cast...lol
No worry Neffie- I have told my oluso, he said we should give them 7 days and 7 nights...if its not back by then, them go hear wen!
P.S Lovely write up!
lol @ ITS...these pple dont know what is doing dem...
interesting piece
LOL @ your overzealous IT people in your company. Although my friend says they have blocked out most of their internet access where she works too. You never know who did something to spark the action.
Same script, different cast. More like saying everything stays thesame, nothing really changes in the world we find ourselves and it tends to get damn boring. We constantly experience an unending feeling of dejavu and even though we know it's a different cast, we still see that nothing has really changed. The script stays thesame and we continue to walk thesame road endlessly until the boredom makes us want to snap out and push for a change. Lovely poem. What further makes it brilliant is the manner in which it could be applied to countless real life scenarios. Nice effort, Neffy. Been a while.
WriteFreak: The xters are u and I :D.
Tigeress: Yelz o, na real wa. I'll try.
Jayla: Kolo na small o...
Flabby: Thanks, babes :) long time!
Shona: Amen to ur prayer o! This is not between 2 women, but yeah, I see ur point ;)
BSNC: Taink u, my sister. u too!
Rita: Yez o! Even ur own. Please tell me asap o, one of these days, the boss my come out and find me sleeping. I'm bored out my brains!
Just Toluwa: Abeg help me ask dem o! Aproko people! And yes, we do have to make it work!
K: LMAO! u are a piece of work, K. When I saw ur comment, I was in meeting, and there was nothing funny about the guy they were about to lay off.
ROC: Abeg hurry o! Make d fiyahh burn dem head real kwik. I needs to be getting my daily dose of gbefila on blogville.
DB: Overskill abi overskill. Do d hit sharp sharp abeg. nansense and intete heeediots! My brother, u still dey jam tape? o ga o. and u say u never reach 40? J/K Yep! We are what we are until the day we die...true yarnz
Beaulah!: Easy ke? Ko le easy fun won o!
Simeone: Help them ke? I am the damsel in distress here. They are the bad guys. How she go fit to help them again? What about the script? :)
Luscious LU: Nope, the song doesn't apply to me at the moment, but it did at some point in my life. Yelz o! What God has put together, let no ITS put assunder!
Aloted: Taink u, my sista. We ought to add fasting and prayer o, for good measure...lol
CLG: LMAO @ oluso... dem go hear am o! Thanks hon.
SMF: Yelz o! Plenty scoin scoin for dia head. But na una cause am o! u and Roc! na una!
FG: Dia own pass overzealous o! abi which one consain soldier wit agbero nau? I even try and not go to the 'interesting' blogs... mschewwww... infact...
Geebee: Long time, mahn! How u dey? I always like ur analyses.
LOL at your IT peeps.
That's really messed up..
Sorwee........:-(
PS: Same Script, different characters- I know how that feels.
I love I love. Don't mind all these IT people jare. Imagine? I have been inundated with work so I can sneak off to blogville like before.
Missed you gan!
Nefie, nice write-up. I know how that feels even as a single lady.
Anyways ur IT pple are just trying to protect u jare, dnt swear for them too much ooo, lol.
Miss u dear...let's talk soon
Hello, I'm enjoying this already considering the fact that I just joined blogville a few minutes ago. Anyways I love your write-up. I'm also thinking Same name...different thoughts, LOL!
Anyways will be following your blog from time to time, let me know what you think of mine and hopefully you get your other blogger friends to pip in too.
first time visitor,
Now a permanenet feature.
awwwww loved it! im sure lots of people can relate to this..
lol @ ur IT people..imagine rita's blog coming up under porn..hahaha..wow..
Dejavu.
It takes a lot to find that staying power.
I hate ITS, they're sooooooo nosy.
Why are most blogs black??? It takes a lot to convince colleagues that the black websites are actually not porn websites.lol.
Same script, different cast, sounds familiar even though it's nowhere near my life. Makes you wonder when the scriptwriter will finally complete the new manuscript.
Hey N,ow goes life?
Nice write up.
@buttercup..ehn hen aburo so u r not surprised that my own blog came under porn..
lol just messing about o
Post a Comment