Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Against all odds

I contemplated not saying anything about this amazing feat. But how could I? Last night, I watched as America spoke. I watched the faces of the people at grant park. It was unbelievable! White, black, Hispanics, Asian, Mideastern, African (Yes, I saw a woman with headgear on), and everything in between, came together to celebrate. The other races screaming 'YES WE CAN' just as loudly as the blacks. I felt pride at that moment.

President-Elect (Boy, that sounds good!) Barrack Obama gave his wonderful speech. Again I felt pride. (I couldn't help watching for any funny movements, for any psycho tryna climb on stage or some other psycho *ish- but no, just pure unadulterated glee) I can't recall another time in American History when people of all nations and creed came together like this.

This morning, as I sit in this office chair, for some reason, I break down in inconsolable tears. I watch recaps of moments when Obama spoke of his wife, the genuine way with which he spoke her name, the humility with which he addressed me, and I couldn't hold back the water works. I will tell my daughter about 11.04.08 at approximately 10:49:36, when a man, the son of an immigrant, raised by a single mother/Grandma, of black descent, with a strange name 'BARRACK HUSSEIN OBAMA', took away the red tape. He rendered that glass ceiling nonexistent. All with the Audacity of Hope. Yes you can! Daughter, that man took you half way... YES YOU CAN!

12 comments:

Kookie said...

YES WE CAN GIRL...Everytime I see the frame of Jesse Jackson just crying it starts me off again. And dont you just love the way he loves his woman? There was a point at the end of the speech where she comes out and they hug and you can see him say "I Love you" with so much feeling and she replies...ahhhhhhhhhhhhh....let the good lord deliver unto me a man who appreciates me like that PUHLEASE

Nefertiti said...

LMAO @ "...Let the good lord..." You are so funny, but yeah, they have some amazing chemistry those 2

LovePaprika said...

I cried as well!!! it was just a captivating moment..!!!! Very orgasmic!

Anonymous said...

I am still in shock Love. I just want a man like that.

Anonymous said...

Girl am with kookie on that prayer o.... the way that man spoke about his wife.... i cant shout

A great day o.... am still so tripped

~Sirius~ said...

(I couldn't help watching for any funny movements, for any psycho tryna climb on stage or some other psycho *ish- but no, just pure unadulterated glee)

Ha! yours was a psycho climbing, mine was a gun shot to the head!
I had goose bumps all over........I can totally understand you breaking down, what are the odds that this wold have EVER happened, not in a million years to come.

Zayzee said...

yes we can.

somehow i am not happy with you. i had plans for that name nefertiti........

Lady said...

WOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS WAS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNITY MY PEOPLE....*UNITY*
P.S:XOXO

Geebee said...

The reality of Obama's victory still beats me even though I was sure he was gonna win. YES WE CAN! Afriend of mine came up with a very weird comment though . . . What if Obama is the Antichrist? Can u beat that? I might write on that next on my blog.

Geebee said...

@ kookie - Jesse Jackson's case is so touching especially given the fact that he tried once to get to where Obama is today but couldn't. Nothing hurts as much as watching someone else get what you tried desperately to get but couldn't. Now, what could be going on in McCain's head right now. I bet the old man feels like ending his pitiable seventy-two year existence.

Nefertiti said...

@ Miss Love- lol @ 'organsmic' good to know I wasn't the only one requiring extra tissue.

@ Temite- I'm sure he has his faults too- don't we all?

@ Nyja beauty- lol...

@ Sirius- Girl, u got it! I was watching for any snipper looking peeps too. I was very scared for him. Thank God it all went well.

@ Uzezi- Yes we did! No beef me o, abeg...lol. How about Nefertitie?

@ Ladykoko - :-) U-N-I-T-Y!

@ Gbengasile - Funny you would mention that. I was asking a friend, just this morning about the possibility. I mean the bible does say 'he' will be adored and loved by all. What a scary thot. I doubt he'd have lasted in church this long tho. Go on and blogaboutit... I wanna see what spin u'll put on it.

Buttercup said...

I like the bit to ur daughter at the end.....yea, the whole thing is just beyond amazing..like WOW! Who wuda thought??!