Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Letter for my uncle: These brown eyes

These brown eyes lit up when you came to visit
You killed whatever emblem they might hold.

These brown eyes danced to the beat of my heart, and the tune in my head
You killed the music for me.

These brown eyes looked questioningly up at you everytime.
You silenced them everytime with a "Be a good girl, darling. You don't want mommie to know you've been bad."

These brown eyes begged you to stop everytime you commanded 'Open up, honey'
You asked me to close them and 'swallow', you said.

These brown eyes were clear with innocence
You have clouded them with fear

These brown eyes held so much promise
No promises here now, uncle, only pain and regret.

Over the years, these brown eyes watched, waiting for some form of retribution,
well it finally came, in the form of a spinal cord injury.

These brown eyes look down over you amidst a sea of other brown eyes.
Unlike the others, this time they are filled with glee, uncle

You see, these brown eyes hold the secret of your 'tragic accident'
Remember you told me never to tell.

Well, I granted your wish uncle, I never told.
Just like they will never reveal the truth about your accident.

I hope that the AC was uninstalled in the hottest part of hell where you belong.
I hope that your soul damns you with eternal condemnation in that part of hell.
I hope that you lay in the arms of the devil himself in your new home.

As I read your eulogy, what I really want to say is a big "FUCK YOU" for every brown eyes, whose dream you snatched, whose joy you killed, whose music you stopped... but

These brown eyes, these brown eyes...

26 comments:

bumight said...

FIRST!

Unknown said...

2nd
if u r talking about sexual abuse
forgive so u can let go
and live a free life
i have been there!

Rebirth said...

im so sorry hun...... i can imagine how hurt u are...... i pray u will get to a point in ur life where u can let go and open up to a fresh start

bumight said...

It sounds like he's dead, let it go. I know its painful, but that way you can completely heal from it.

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

This note touched my core.

Now that he is dead, I hope the pain that he birthed begins to die...

Kookie said...

Bumtight is now just posting first no need to comment, gotta love it...LOL

Back to your post, eyes must be the most expressive part of your body at the same time being the most silent. There is a reason that people say they are the windows to your soul because they keep secrets from coming out and close the blinds from letting people look in.

So thanks Nerfi for letting us in and your secrets out from your brown eyes.

~Sirius~ said...

"Death of The Abuser"

As time goes by, the scar fades away, and you are renewed, How it must have hurt.

Let go and Let God. Hard but it's the best thing to do.

Flourishing Florida said...

this is so deep! am so sorry dear

Chris Ogunlowo said...

you know this write-up can get u an award. It's poignant... and seriously humourous.

A big amen to this: "hope that the AC was uninstalled in the hottest part of hell where you belong."

Take care.

miz-cynic said...

yes.i cant help saying amen 2 ur last chants n wishes 4 him oloshi!pele dearie

Tigeress said...

wow- thats deep! Dude must have done u wrong. but guess what- u've got to let go. No rush- take your time- but let it all go.

Nefertiti said...

@ all- Thank you all very much. He is dead (thank God) He has female daughters too. When I heard he died, I almost shouted hallelujah! outloud. I held my tongue tho. I had to remember that he was not only a monster, he was a father too.

I'm grateful that I grew up a well formed adult, without any major emotional issues. Still trying to let go. I watch my daughter like a hawk. I'd murder anyone who messed with her. I pray she sees me as a confidant who she can tell stuff, not fearing what I might do. Okay lemme go before I do another long post again..lol

Anonymous said...

I am not an expert in such an area, but I do hope you get some closure. It must be hard, I can't even imagine how you feel. All the best

Anonymous said...

I am not an expert in such an area, but I do hope you get some closure. It must be hard, I can't even imagine how you feel. All the best

LovePaprika said...

I READ THIS AND IM LIKE DAMN!!!!!!!!!! I HAD TWO UNCLES LIKE THAT...on the fateful attempted rape day, God intervened. Its amazing how kids think...I told my aunt instead of my mom and this aunt aint even close to me and she told my mom...the rest is history..the other one didn't succeed...I thank God for being so merciful to me...can't imagine how it hurts... xx and yes i agree this piece is a motherfuckin classic!

Anonymous said...

This strucka nerve with me. Appreciate u writing this. The fact is that it happens to a lot more people than are willing to admit. In the 9ja setting that we were raised, you couldnt report such to anyone especially not your parents. There's the fear that you might be blamed or accused of lying; the word of the adult trumps the word of the child. So "uncle", "brotha" or "Baba Femi from no.5" do this mess and get away with it.
Clearly, not eveyone exposed to the same event will have the same outcomes, but it does affect you psychologically and spiritually. It either messes u up so bad, or you repress it to the point that you dont remember if it actually happend or was imagined.

So, brown eyes, pray for God to help you forgive this individual and to thake away any bitterness that might still be in your heart.

LusciousRon said...

That is truly deep. Keep watching your daughter and I pray that no one tries to damage her in that way and that she trusts you enough to come to you if she ever has any problem.

I am very sorry but let it go.

Buttercup said...

Aww sweetie..

Hearing about abuse just upsets me to no end. I really do hope u've moved past this or u r well in the process. May God grant u complete healing, amen.

It was well written btw.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you had to experience something so traumatic and possibly life altering and for the bammer to make you believe you are the one doing something bad is the pinnacle of madness.
I'm glad that you've said you grew up to be a well formed adult and yes keep watching your daughter like a hawk.

Jaguda said...

Uncle fuck up big time! u r so lucky God healed u in a good way

Sugabelly said...

We've all been there. And sometimes we want to follow the bastards to hell so we can burn them ourselves.

Forgive yourself, and enjoy your life THOROUGHLY

badderchic said...

its not easy babe, but you sooo need to move on.

it didnt kill you, only makes you stronger.

Geebee said...

One word. Damn! I can imagine the hurt somehow. I lost my uncle and exactly one year later, I had my daughter's naming ceremony. You can imagine the sad memories that day brought when I was actually supposed to be celebrating. Take heart, sis. God knows best! It's well.

ibiluv said...

he should ROT in hell!!!!!!!!

Buttercup said...

NEFERTITIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Femme said...

omg... i never knew you were so deep. not just the content but the way you feel it. i guess anyone would feel the same way.
i have no words...