"Ms Aja-ee, I'd like to have a word with you, as soon as you are done with Mr. Canton" says Keith, the bank manager.
"Sure, I'll be there shortly" I said.
I walk in to find, Keith looking grave and at least 15 years older. Wetin do dis one again now? Mscheeew. When my eyes settled on the extra person in the room, I thought, ahhhh dem don catch tif today. Ope o! I had always been looking for some drama so that I can have gist. I know that Michelle girl is a thief. Her face too strong…lol I was feverish with excitement. I had heard other AMs (Assistant Managers) say that whenever Robert Townsend from Loss Prevention shows up at your branch, it means shit's about to hit the fan.
"Ms Aja-ee, we'd like to show you a video, and get your take on it." Robert said.
"Sure Bob, whenever you are ready." I said
Bob rolls over (He rolls cos he is so huge. It looked like he was literally dragging an 18 wheeler. He looked like he was in pain, but I digress) to the 14inch CCTV in Keith's office. In the video, some guy with a NY Giants face cap is conducting a transaction, and soon leaves the branch. In my mind, I'm thinking okaaayyyyy when then? mscheeewww! Why are these fools showing this rubbish video? I thought I was gonna find Michelle pocketing some loose dollars or maybe somebody getting freaky in the office, but a common customer? common customer? I gave another ear splitting hiss in my head, when Bob, reaches to rewind the tape again. I couldn't help my impatience. All the while, I felt Keith's beady eyes boring holes into my forehead. I'm thinking, I thought your ass was gay, why the hell you staring so hard? You know something I don't? Ode!
'Ms Ajaee... (If this fool don't stop calling me Aja-e- sounding like the English for this dog, I'm gonna show him I'm a female dog, and re-arrange his already fucked up dentition with my koin koin shoe) we need you to watch this video for any happenings that might catch your attention" Bob says
"I'm watching, bob. I don't see anything amiss in the video. Are you really gonna play it again? I ask.
'Yes'. He said, simply.
This time, I couldn't help sighing out loud. I look at my watch, and then the customer queue outside. These crazy dudes are gonna abandon me at 5.30pm, and then leave me to close the branch all by myself. I had to see Lanre tonight, but I had to go home and freshen up first. At this rate, they were going to let my whitie BF get home before me, and then look all surly when I told him I was gonna hang with my friends this weekend. I just hate when I make him sad. He's a good guy and all, but I needed to get laid properly at least once a week to release some pent up frustration plus it was getting cold. Don't these fools get it?...
Keith asks, "OJ, are you sure you are paying attenttion to the screen"? You seem a little distracted"
'I am. I already told you, there's nothing amiss in the video. What else do you need from me?' I snapped
Bob clears his throat. 'Ms. Aja-ee, we'd like you to come with us to corporate for questioning'
ah mo gbe. They sure got my attention with that. He continues "We have reason to believe that you might be involved in some fraudulent activities. There are checks that are being cashed all over the DMV, even as far as Delaware with your signature on it"
I'm thinking, OK, I may have written some checks, but they sure weren't 'bad' checks. If the individual wanted to cash it in Delaware, is there a law against that?
"Why would the checks I've written be considered as fraudulent?" I ask. Bob is loosing his patience.
"These checks come up to about 26,000 dollars, and if you are not responsible, we need to figure out who is". This crazy bastard is about to ruin my weekend sha.
Little did I know.
6 Ways to Keep Your Relationship Alive
6 years ago

12 comments:
do I sense some yahoozee-ing sturves?
Thot I was the #1 stalker of this blog.... bumight takes the cake
Nefi, dont keep me waiting... update kwik kwik
wow........ some serious stuffs...... pls update asap.... lol @ u need to get laid at least once a week......
Ah Nefi....come on mehn...update twice a day if you are going to leave the stories half way...you are causing my blood pressure to rise from excitement! Wait so you have a white boyfriend and Lanre on the side?? Let me bow down...I am not worthy....LOL
Titi o wetin be your name, If you do not finidh this story at once I am going to tie you in a tent in the middle of the desert with no water for days until you complete the story. shey you hear me? I am sure you are thinking how is she going to go about doing this but never you mind I have my ways.!!!
One should be very careful with any product of one's imagination. The imagination has been known to drown people in water they imagined for themselves. Sobering thought, I'd say.
@ naijalines.... ehen meaning?
@bumight - lol 'yahoozee-ing' read the new post.
@Nyjabeauty - Yelz o! All hail Queen Bumight! Update is now available
@ Funms- Girl, you should try it...good stuff! Update now available
@ Kookie- Update now available. OJ at your service ;-) What can I say? I got skillz...lol
@ Temite - Only if the desert is in Dubai or somewhere exotic. I don update o, no curse me...lol
@ Naijalines- Not sure what to make of your 'cryptic' comment, so here's my response- :-)
No mind me o. I just find violence a bit unsettling. I'd rather :-)
I have a funny feeling you like doing what you just wanna do anywayz. How about showing the softer side of you as a writer - to compare. Just a suggestion:-)
Whoa..
OJ, i couldn't stop laughing. Like My co-worker thought I was crazy with my every second burst out laughter...Very Funny, enjoyed reading it over and over and over etc again.
More grease to your elbow.
u write well
Post a Comment