Monday, January 26, 2009

~ YOU ~

Every word in this verse is going to be about you. You know why? Sit back and let me pour out my love letter...

YOU inspire me to be better,
YOU challenge me for the better

YOU are like music to me, ministering to me with every utterance

YOU seduce me, make me want to take my clothes off without moving a muscle.

YOU like me, more than YOU love me.

YOUr love makes me want to start a movement, makes me feel like I can change the world.

YOU mean to me, everything. Like a plant needs the sun.

YOU make the sun shine. It illuminates every darkness in my heart, and I'm so thankful for YOU.

YOU make me smile, a wonderful, beautiful glow. I can't get enough YOU!

YOU put it down. Do I need to explain this?

YOU make me feel like I'm flying, and I don't need to rest, because YOUr love nourishes me.

YOU have the key to my heart, but if YOU ask me, I don't think YOU need it. It's wide open for YOU.

YOU are always on my mind. I feel YOU all around me even when YOU are nowhere around.

YOU are the air that I breathe, although whenever I'm with YOU, I feel like I can sustain myself on just listening to YOU speak.

Like the river to a waterfall, I need YOU around me.

Like a calming sea, YOU bring me peace and serenity

Like fuel to a spark, YOU ignite me

Like the gospel to the preacher, YOU are truth to me.

Like the shell on a turtle, YOU protect me.

Can I just let YOU know right now, babe...
I wouldn't trade YOU for the world!

42 comments:

Anonymous said...

You's waxing lyrical here.... Might it be connected to the Febbruary 14th thing???? LOL...

ShonaVixen said...

I almost sang 'Cater to You'...love the flow of this..lucky 'YOU'!!!

ShonaVixen said...

and where did Danny come from??I thought I was going to be first...hmmmpppppppppppf...

Anonymous said...

ARGHHHHHH I so freaking LATE. Geez I LOVED THIS O. You are so freaking LUCKY! I just hope and hope and hope that I find this soonest.

Rebirth said...

whos this lucky YOU...... how sweet

Nefertiti said...

Danny: Always a cynic are you? lol I hope you are still around when u find that woman that gives you butterflies.

ShonaVee: I know right! I read it over and I was wondering why the beginning sounded familiar. Thanks :-) Maybe next time on being first ;-)

Temite: No u are not, hon. U know we revolve around u. And that man is being custom made as we speak.

Funms: I dunno *blushing all shades of purple*

Kookie said...

YOU need to update your blog roll so that i can see my blog there....

as for danny taking 1st spot...speechless at the betrayal...lol

NOW nefie...who is this you???

Kookie said...

i am back....re reading the you and older posts to make a connection...lol

see me looking for gist about this you every where!

Nefertiti said...

K, u is on my blog roll, sweetie. Your name is TJ the Kook..lol sounds ridiculous even in my own ears. Don't mind DB, i dunno how he did it. despite all our codes ehn :-) LMAO @ u researching my earlier posts... good luck with that. lol

bumight said...

all this for me? wow! im flattered!!

Tigeress said...

For some reason, i started reading the blog from the bottom up. Initially thot u were talking about ur love for God till i read "YOU seduce me, make me want to take my clothes off without moving a muscle." lol!

Anyway, dis love na wa o! Very serious indeed.

JS said...

Nefertiti,

Very different.I will say unique. One thing is certain though, I will come back as this is my first stop over.

Keep up the good job. It appears you all are having a wow of a time here. I hope to be part of it.

Why not pop over to my end to see how life is treating my family and I having just moved back TO 9JA from the UK.

Have a fab day.

~Sirius~ said...

Wush!!!!
Is there something going on that we don't know about, 1st thought it was God, then Blogsville, now * cough cough.....Nefie Dearie....what's going on, ehn?

Share this love with us....

CaramelD said...

Wow!!!!

That is really all I can say cos my mouth is hanging open!

Writefreak said...

Hmm...really nice

Really loving the lyrics!

aloted said...

SIMPLY SWEET!

Writefreak said...

Btw, loving your blog and will definitely be back...infact i'm adding you to my bloglist

Geebee said...

Now ‘awesome’ sounds like an understatement for this post but that’s the best I could come up with at the moment. It’s brilliant and I’m wondering if it was a casual thing or was inspired by real life events. . . who’s this guy whose name has suddenly become YOU? I loved this piece.

seamstress said...

One word for this post...gorgeousness

Its so good, if it was cake it'll be a creamy rich dripping sponge all over chocolate cake!!

Ahh..but it draws fat drops from my tearducts...i want some loving soon :(

Love it xx

James said...

Heartfelt, nice.

Miss Definitely Maybe said...

Lovely poem
I love poetry
I should try and write something some time

'sola said...

That was so sweet!loved the poem especially d distinct heartfelt quality and the lacking mushiness.YOU totally rock!

Nefertiti said...

Bumight, wa'a wa alright.lol

Tigeress LOL... o dikwa serious, my sister.

JideSalu, Thank you o, my brother. How is ur family. U are so brave to move back home, mahn. I want to be like you when I grow up. And yes, I have read your most recent post, and think your kids are adorable. Please visit often.

~Sirius~ , love shared, babes. u got all the love u need from this end ;-)

CaramelD , lol fly is coming o. Thanks tho.

Writefreak, Thanks for the compliment o, add away. Thanks for stopping by

aloted, thank you, Mama

Geebee, Thanks papi. This was actually inspired by real life events.

seamstress, aww thanks sweetie. LOL @ ur cake illustration, ole!

Telekinesys, Thank u!

Miss DM, Thank u, babes! I can't wait! I think u are such fabulous writer.

'sola, Thank u, mamacita. How u dey? wassup wiv uncle Y nau? maybe u'll get to write something of this nature about him soon? ah... a girl can dream, right? ;-)

Scarlet said...

very beautiful

Buttercup said...

awwww nefiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee! u basically just mirrored my thoughts!

that was lovely..

Anonymous said...

@ShonaVixen/K -- Getting first spot must be the dividends of staying up till the unholy hour at which i was awake to see the update hit my blog roll.....Based on the law of averages at some stage someone had to dislodge you from number 1 spot... Doubt it will be me anytime soon again tho.. lol...

@Neffie -- Methinks I'd prefer the tag of a "hard-nosed realist" to that of a "cynic"..... By the way I've watched every single incarnation of "Cinderella" I have been able to lay my hands on...

Anonymous said...

hmmmm can I safely conclude that cupid is @ work here...*wink*wink*

LusciousRon said...

I love this and I am stealing it.
YOU is very lucky.
How can I be #28?

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Lovely poem. Very lovely.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

love is in the air for YOU!

Nice one!

LovePaprika said...

chai see what im making you do lol!!! joke! i like!

Favoured Girl said...

Lovely poem! Who inspired it? *wink*

Anonymous said...

You sure are a lovely writer.
Beautiful Piece you've written here, cant get enuogh of it actually. Keep them coming pls.
Nice!!!

flabby said...

i want someone to write this about me!!

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

As always, so soulful!!! I especially like:

"YOUr love makes me want to start a movement, makes me feel like I can change the world"

That was mmm mmm good!LOL
Oh yeah I replied your comment and explained a haiku. You should definately try one!!

Elle Woods said...

Hmm...i go love o!! Nice one!

Toluwa said...

YOU! who am i? lol!

Nice post!

Kookie said...

YOUNG LADY YOU WANT TO BE DISOWNED HUH? DO YOU NOT REALISE THE JOBLESS LIKE MYSELF ONLY PAUSE DAYS OF OUR LIVES TO READ YOUR BLOG YET YOU ARE NOT HERE UPDATING.

BE SERIOUS WITH YOUR LIFE, TELL YOUR BOSS YOU NEED A FULL LUNCH HOUR TO GET YOUR INTERNET SKILLS UPDATED. I EXPECT IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS A PERSONAL APOLOGY AND AN UPDATE.

SHEH YOU THINK WHEN I WRITE MY FUNNY BLOG UPDATES I DO IT FOR MYSELF...MSCCCHEEEEEEWWWWW


JUST JOX...MISS YOU CHILD

Nefertiti said...

Confessions in scarlet, Thanks Mami!

Buttercup, aww Glad I rocked ur boat... :-D

Danny Bagucci, woreva jor. Na here I go dey when u begin dey write lyrics...lol

NoLimit, yeah. That might be a safe conclusion ;-)

LusciousRon, ah a whole miss lawyer. U wan add tiff to ur title again? lol JK. Steal away, babes, and congrats again on ur call to bar!

AlooFar, thoinks my brother.

SOLOMONSYDELLE, Thanks SSD

MissLove, Girl, this is not even the one I am dedicating to you. I am still composing that one.

Favoured Girl, YOU! lol

Anonymous, Thoink u o, anon.

flabby, ole! lol. Don't worry, he'll use even more beautiful words to describe how u make him feel.

NigerianDramaQueen, Thoinks NDQ. Thanks for explaining that Haiku thing too. I have see it on Naapali's blog b4 I started blogging, and always wondered what it was. Maybe I just might.

Mustafa Şenalp, not sure what that means, but ermm right back at ya, buddy!

deola, Thank you much.

Elle Woods, Thanks babes, fo sure!

Just...Toluwa, thank you babes!

K, LMAO @ ur comment u crazy chica! u had me cracking up @ work. cos I could just see myself doing that and my boss checking my temperature. My update is dedicated to you ms big yansh!

Padosh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Padosh said...

great post.... , lol couldnt resist!! welcome o!!!! missed u small!!! lol i keed i keed!!

poem thingy hit a nerve...,i wonder too.

Anonymous said...

How many ways man pikin wan say I love you. Truly beautiful