Thursday, October 30, 2008

Meeting Ms Jaja- 'Lanrie's take

Situationsssssssssss, will arise... Usher Raymond' voice boomed out the speakers of my smurf blue infinity. This was my pride and joy, the reason why I woke up every morning. The reason why I busted my butt monday through Friday, the reason why the sun came up.... okay okay, I'll stop. But you catch the drift. She was a thing of beauty. I'm supposed to tell you how I met 'jaja' but it's funny. She thinks I met her at the Christmas party thrown by her bank, but nooooo. Of course I had seen her before. I just wasn't ready to move in for the kill, when I first met her. Plus the night I first saw her, she was with her posse. I don't do girls that roll more that 2 or 3 deep. Especially Nigerian chics in a clique. Just too much work. That's why I had my 9 to 5 for work. I don't believe in working hard to get some. Naija girls are especially difficult. No sooner than you bust a nut, and she trying to meet your mama. But anyways, I had seen jaja at the independence day party thrown by Party addicts. She seemed like she wasn't having fun. I caught her name when her friend dragged some dude over to their VIP section to meet her. The guy had introduced himself as something. I wasn't interested in him or his name. I zoned in on the girls mouth. She looked like she said " It's such a pleasure to meet you. My name is Ojaja" Ojaja? What the hell kinda name is that? I tried to follow them around with my eyes, reading her friends' lips when they would address her. It sounded like they were all calling her 'OJ'. Again, this wasn't helping a brother out. For a moment, I wondered if her name was something like Ojajamurendomechukwu. I smiled to myself, and determined to get close to this OJ chic. I found her fascinating. When she got up to dance, I quickly computed her stats 36-26-46 it seemed. Hmm. perfection poured into a tight fitting black and gold mini dress that did wonders for her figure, and legs that seemed to go for days. She had long gazelle like neck. Her movement was graceful. I watched what drink she was having. Amaretto. I ordered a glass, and moved in for the kill. Before I reached her, some gra gra guy had approached her, looking like he was gonna have her for dinner. He looked very drunk. I considered going to save her. Picture Knight in Shiny armor, but I re-considered. This fool was gonna make my job difficult. I returned to my perch on the top floor, and continued to observe. It looked like she got more beautiful as the night went on. She seemed to smile easily, but she didn't look like she was having a great time. I wish I coulda helped her, but again I had seen too many idiots try to ruin her night, and I refused to be one of those fools.

My re-introduction to Jaja:
My good friend whales (Wale) had called me on Friday afternoon about this ball that some lady had invited him to. The lady had also told him to bring his friend (me) because she had a co-worker who was dying to meet him. Nah, I thought. I'm not gonna be some fat old lady's muse tonight. I had had a long day, and needed some shut-eye. When I got home however, the prospect of spending the night alone didn't seem so great anymore, so I freshened up, jumped into the love of my life, on my way to wale's ball. As I walked into the ballroom, a cross section of the people kinda looked like a pack of M & Ms. All kinds of 'costumes'. Yellow, red, brown, pink, dotted with blacks. It looked like a bloody carnival. I thought a ball was supposed to be demure, not some kind of drunk fest. But it looked like that was what was going on. A bunch of pot-bellied white men, telling dry jokes, and the women indulging them (or kissing ass. Go figure) by laughing hysterically at the joker's wise cracks. This was gonna be a long night, I thought. I might as well release my frustrations at the open bar. Jackpot!!

"Bobo yiii, kilonshele man!" great! Not only was I gonna spend the night with drunk white men, the powers that be decided to punish me by adding a half drunk whales. The white girl on his arm looked even more drunk, overly excited and red in the face. I questioned my friend's sanity at his choice in the female specie, but I gave her a polite smile. He introduced her as Jessica.

"Whales baba! How you dey, man mi?" I said instead. We exchanged niceties, and I quickly asked about my 'date' for the night.

" ah ol' boy, no vex abeg. D chic no fit come. She say sometin come up" says Whales.

Shit! I thought. I might as well drink up then. The lady on his arm tugged at his suit. He looked apologetically at me, and disappeared. Good riddance, I thought. I ordered another round of baileys' on the rocks. Just as I was about to take the glass to my lips, I spotted her, again. She looked even better than the last time, and she seemed to be having fun today. She seemed to ooze sexiness out of every pore of her being without even trying. She wore a red dress today. Ooooweeeeee! Damn! Whoever her parents were, that night, I thanked them for making this girl. Omo yii duuuuuun! Today, I wasn't playing Mr. Nice guy. If any wo wo guy talks to this chic before I get to her today, mo ma close line won ni men.

"Hi Jaja, My name is Lanre. Would you like to dance?" I said from behind her. She turns to look at me, confused, she asks
'Hello', sticking out her hand at the same time. Have we met?"
"No, but I'd sure love to get to know you, if you let me. I said.
"What did you call me?" She asks again.
"Did I call you something? I thot I said hi, My name is Lanre. How rude of me. I didn't even ask for your name. She smiled. What can I say, I got game like that.
"My name is Ojuolape Ajayi, and yes, I'd love to dance.


TBC

10 comments:

Kookie said...

Am I first?? Let me comment quickly...blogsville is always a race man to read first and comment first. Hey Lanrie...too slick for school this man...I love the man's perspective take on this after all thats what we girls would love to know...what the hell are guys thinking?? lol

Lanrie..pt2 ...I am waiting...I know I should be studying but you are my coffee and cake break

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Yes, please update.

Don't forget to participate in the online rally on Friday, October 31st, to encourage the Nigerian government to allo Jonathan Elendu to return to his family. Check out Nigeriancuriosity.com for details.

bumight said...

really this babe, i'm boycotting ur blog till you finish this story....who am i kidding!

noname said...

Ms Ajayi tHREE WORDS LOVES THE BLOG.

Anonymous said...

Ummm I love this Lanre bobo o. The silly man's gat game men. You this woman, ahn ahn, shey you are doing this on purpose, I beg finish the story o jare. I am waiting, waiting and waiting. Oko iya mi - jooooo now! Finish!!

Anonymous said...

you're having a ball abi, enjoying stringing us along and making us beg you to update sharp sharp!
na wa oh.
:)

Bondgirl said...

Can I join the petition for an update quickly...like this second..ok I will give you time to type but I will be back...

Nefertiti said...

@ Kookie - Yep, we all wanna know wth they're thinking. I hope I provided enough entertainment on your hopefully short;-) coffee and cake break.

@ SD- I will soon. FB status updated. I am not really politically inclined, but I attempted to express how I feel about Mr Elendu's case in my most recent post. Truly depressing :-(

@bumight: lol... ahhh pleease na, no leave me, oko iya mi (according to Temite) lol

@Temite: U like? lol I'm sure he likes you too. I will finish it soon. I promise. I really don't wanna rush the story. I'm not good at telling short stories. I always want the reader to see through my eyes. I can't do it it one post, but soon, very soon.

@Geisha.SOng: It's just how I write. I want to tell a story from my perspective not just narrate it. It gets hard trying to fit all that into one post. I admire those who can. Please bear with me.

@Bond Girl- Hey, Thanks for stopping by. I'm gonna need more than a few seconds here, maybe a few hours, but I promise it's coming to an end soon.

Anonymous said...

My favorite line "no sooner than you bust a nut and she trying to meet your mama".... lol

nice one

Buttercup said...

Um..excuse my blonde moment, but did lanre actually write this?? If not, u did a really great job soundin like a guy n talkin from his perspective!